Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Who I am.

I am hero of the Geats. I am the son of Edgetho, nephew of Hygelac. I am a larger than life hero, who will fight fairly until the end. I am the leader of the Geats and will do my best to lead my men to victory. To be a leader, you must be skillful and be a smart thinker when it comes to defeating your opponent. I long to seek fame, so my name will live on long after I do. I believe in fair fighting and I do not believe in losing. My old friend Brecca and I once put on a swimming match, swimming for three days until we got separated from each other. Many may think I left Brecca to die, but that it not true. I slayed 9 sea monsters during out time apart, making the waters much safer to travel. I have been hearing many stories of a monster that haunts Hrothgar's kingdom through the scops and sailors. The wise men of the Geat land have encouraged me to go forth and defeat this villain that terrorizes the Kingdom, so I will take 14 of my strongest men to assist me in this monsters death.


Beowulf is challenged by a Danish coast guard, Evelyn Paul (1911).
(photo by wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment