Friday, December 10, 2010

The Battle with Grendel

 As me and my men arrive to Hrothgar's country, we are greeted and questioned by his Lieutenant. As we explain who we are, we learn that Hrothgar's Kingdom has been under attack for twelve long years. He strikes at night, killing everyone in his path. I learn that Grendel was born out of the sin of Cain so he was born to be a murderer. The only thing keeping the people of Hrothgar safe is distance. Me and my men go to the mead hall which is where Grendel will strike at night. We try to get as much sleep as we can while awaiting the vicious attack of the fiend. During the night, Grendel came and slaughtered one, then went on to the next one, to his surprise was me. We struggled for a minute, but I took his arm off, claw and all. And sent Grendel away, never to return again. Finally Hrothgar's kingdom may return, never having to live in fear again! When we arose the next morning, we found that Hrothgar's lieutenant had been murdered for wergield by Grendels mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment